UNDP assigned Marga Institute to monitor media platforms for hate/ discriminatory speech and conduct community assessments in Colombo, Kalutara, Matara, Ampara, Gampaha and Vavuniya Districts to determine how hate speech messages impact minority groups.
WHAT’S NEW AT MARGA INSTITUTE?
- Supporting Collaboration Between Civil Society and Legislators
- Designing and Conducting Focus Group Discussions for the New Youth Policy
- Mapping of Data Collection, Analysis and Dissemination Capacity of Key Justice Sector Institutions in Sri Lanka
- Implementing an Advocacy and Communication Campaign in 2022 for Climate Promise
- Official Languages Policy (OLP) Monitoring Centre
- Monitoring Online and Offline Media Platforms to assess their impact on minority communities
- Building social cohesion through Development Dialogues
- Agriculture labour productivity conundrum in Sri Lanka
- We welcome the new governing council members of the Marga Institute
- Marga Research Programme with Gamani Corea Foundation