We have completed all activities pertaining to this programme. We have trained 830 members of CBOs and Language Societies members in Ampara, Colombo, Kandy, Puttalam, and Vavuniya. We also completed producing videos to educate and create public awareness concerning official languages policy and promote language rights and second language learning.
WHAT’S NEW AT MARGA INSTITUTE?
- Supporting Collaboration Between Civil Society and Legislators
- Designing and Conducting Focus Group Discussions for the New Youth Policy
- Mapping of Data Collection, Analysis and Dissemination Capacity of Key Justice Sector Institutions in Sri Lanka
- Implementing an Advocacy and Communication Campaign in 2022 for Climate Promise
- Official Languages Policy (OLP) Monitoring Centre
- Monitoring Online and Offline Media Platforms to assess their impact on minority communities
- Building social cohesion through Development Dialogues
- Agriculture labour productivity conundrum in Sri Lanka
- We welcome the new governing council members of the Marga Institute
- Marga Research Programme with Gamani Corea Foundation